Sunday, February 17, 2008

Shrimp / Vegetable Fried Rice

The Vegetable Fried Rice is a frozen rice that I buy from Trader Joe's. Then I grill my own fresh shrimp & add them to the rice. Delicious & low WW points! This recipe serves 2.

Ingredients:

1 bag Vegetable Fried Rice
1/2 lb. fresh peeled and devained shrimp (any size will do)
a drizzle or two of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning, to taste
My House Seasoning, to taste (see my blog for this recipe)
Soy Sauce, 2 Tbsp. (optional)

Instructions:

Preheat a countertop grill to high or 400 degrees. Drizzle or brush olive oil over shrimp. Season to taste with both seasonings. Grill shrimp for 1 minute to 1- 1/2 mins. on each side. Shrimp should turn lightly pink. Do not overcook. Prepare the fried rice according to package. I add soy sauce as I'm stir frying the rice. You don't have to. Then add the shrimp to the rice and serve!

No comments: